Troy Castellano, the "me" in this story, is the proprietor of this music cache. As a songwriter, composer, and music producer, I started this My Blue Heaven Music LLC after moving to Nashville, TN. I grew up in a small town in central Minnesota, where playing outside or watching TV were the only things to do. I found myself sitting around our old home record player more than anything. I still have that giant family console to this day! That record player undoubtedly shaped me at a young age. Listening to bands like Cheap Trick, Kiss, and Aerosmith forged dreams of myself playing guitar in a band one day.
My journey has taken me from the bars and clubs around Minnesota to opening shows for artists like Cheap Trick, Styx, to offers of a record deal in Los Angeles, to playing on an album with Tommy Lee of Motley Crue! After finally making a life-changing move to Nashville, Tennessee, where I currently live writing and producing music.
"Lost Amen" wins the Great American Song Contest Grand prize! https://www.greatamericansong.com/hall-of-fame.php
Troy Castellano's Bio
Hailing from the Twin Cities, Minnesota, the state of ever changing seasons, Troy Castellano is an award winning rock-pop singer songwriter who's music has been described as Train met Lifehouse, got on Matchbox 20's tour bus and jammed! Writing and performing music has always been one of the biggest passions in his life. It's those burning affections that continue to drive his lust for creating memorable music.
Accolades and Awards
• Licensed music to MTV Networks, TLC Network, Bravo, Discovery, Oxygen Network, , Score Keepers Music, Song & Film, and SoundFile Productions.
• KQRS 92.5 FM's 2011 Rock Stock Battle of the Bands Winner. TCG opened at Midway Stadium, St. Paul MN with for Styx, Cheap Trick!
• Winner of 2010 Industry Midwest Music Meltdown Summit song competition Milwaukee WI
• Guitar tracks for Tommy Lee's new Methods of Mayhem album "A Public Disservice Announcement". Released on RoadRunner Records 2010.
• Top 20 finalist in Broadjam.com's 2010 6-Pack Songwriting Competition
• Top 20 finalist in Broadjam.com's 2009 6-Pack Songwriting Competition
• Placed 3rd in SongwritersUniverse.com Contest.
• Finalist for 2010 Show Me The Music song contest for Alternative category.
• Finalist for 2009 Show Me The Music song contest for Alternative category.
• Featured artist on Nambagear.com.
• Featured artist on BlogTalkRadio.com
• Featured artist on Indies Top 10
• Gold Artist Award from RadioIndy.com
Quotes about Troy's music
"Superb job, well done!"?Marty Peters, Recording Magazine
"Killa guitar riffs Troy, way to play in and around what we already have" "That was f'n rad dude"?Tommy Lee, Methods of Mayhem
"Troy really knows how to pack a punch in a short amount of time!"?Ross Riahala, St. Paul Pioneer Press
"Awesome radio ready songs!"?Janey Raven, The New Mix 105 FM
"A pile drive of arrangements and high quality vocals come together with precision and form. Troy's steadfast delivery of the playing comes through with a solid force." Taxi, Independent A&R
"Troy has a fantastic sound and his songs are songs that I can easily relate to"?Rockin Robin - KBEK Radio
"Every time I hear one of Troy's compositions I instinctively turn it up, because he rocks"?Mei Young - KQRS Radio
"Troy electrifies the stage with the presence of a yester-year guitar great, killer tunes, and excellent performances."?Marshall Washburn - Stone Roller Magazine
Where it all Began
As with many of us that grew up in the 70s and 80s, Troy found him self enthralled with guitar oriented rock music from bands like Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, to Van Halen. Although Troy does not sound distinctly like the bands he admires, Troy's music reflects the many sound scapes and dynamics of guitar bands of today and the past. Troy's passion for music started one fateful X-mas when his parents bought him his first electric guitar. Coupled with another gift of music, Deep Purple's Machine Head album that year, Troy's musical fire was ignited with sparks bursting from the soul. That fire has been a non-extinguishable flame that burns strong and bright today.
Since those first sparks, Troy has felt that music is the most influential force in the world. As he says, "Music can be the healer, the peacemaker, the influencer, the agitator, and the fire starter. You name it, music has been there in all forms and emotion throughout the history of the world.