Arek Religa - born in in Kamienna Góra, Poland, under the zodiac Taurus. Knew very early that his life would revolve around music. In the early 80's, when he got his first guitar, he began learning basic cords and tunes and soon enough he played along to his favorite songs, his favorite bands, his favorite artists (Carlos Santana, MSG, Black Sabbath, Uli Jon Roth, Toto, Journey, Pat Matheny, to name a few).
In 2000 the artist arrived in Chicago. Within four years of his arrival, he built a small home studio and recorded numerous singles, and began working on his first record, "In Memory of the Greatests". In 2006, his first works were published as part of an upcoming CD - "It's Going to be Better" and "Into the Future", which were heavily promoted through the Internet. Arek quickly gained recognition from both listeners and individuals connected to the music industry. With these two songs, along with his early 2007 "Hope", he began building a brand for himself via the Internet and the local Chicagoland music market and media. Arek began earning awards from recognized institutions in the music industry, including Dallas Songwritter Association and winning Song of the Year in 2007...
- Third place in Dallas Songwriting Association Contest 2013 in "Instrumental" Category for the song "Warrior".
- Gold Winner of Prestige Music Award in "Electric Guitar" Category (2013)
- Official nomination to "Hollywood Music in Media Awards" for the song "Warrior" in Rock Category (2013)
- Top 5 in the Instrumental category of the 14th Annual GREAT AMERICAN SONG CONTEST (2012) with song "Changes"
- Semi-finalists in 2012 International Songwriting Competition (ISC) with song called "Changes" in Instrumental category.
- Official nomination to "Hollywood Music in Media Awards" for the song "Journey" in Instrumental Category (2013)
- SEMI-FINALIST in the 2012 6 String Theory Guitar Competition!
- October 12, Another nomination to "Hollywood Music In Media Awards" this time in "New Age/Ambient" category for the song "Nature".
- Second runner-up in Guitar Player Magazine's Guitar Superstar 2011
-"Best New Age Artist" in "Hollywood Music Awards" for the song "Island of my dreams-part 1"
- "Hollywood Music Awards" Official Nomination In "World" category for the song "Hope"
- "Hollywood Music Awards" Official Nomination In "Instrumental" category for the song "Into the future"
- "Hollywood Music Awards" Official Nomination In "New Age/Ambient"category for the song "Island of my dreams-part 1"
- Arek Religa's album "In memory of the Greatests" nominated to "LAMA" - The Los Angeles Music Awards as "Best Instrumental Album of the year 2008"
- Finalist of Emergenza Music Festival 2008
- Arek is among the semi-finalists of "100% Music Songwriting Contest" - a music and songwriting competition open to all songwriters from any part of the world.
- Arek has been nominated to award in ISSA 2008 Songwriting Contest, category "Instrumental"
- 2005 Dallas Songwriter Association Contest - 3rd place in the Instrumental / TV /Film / Classical and Jazz Category with his tune "It's going to be better".
- 7th Annual Great American Song Contest - Finalist in the Instrumental category with the tune "It's going to be better"
- Song of the Year songwriting contest in March's round in category Instrumental/Jazz/World.
Song"Into the future"
- Arek Religa was selected by JIM DUNLOP as a BAND OF THE WEEK-12-31-2007. (see photo gallery)
- Semifinalist for the Dallas Songwriters Association 2007 Song Contest in category: "Instrumental/TV/Film/Class/Jazz " with songs "Beyond horizon" & "Island of my dreams".
- Unisong International Songwriting Contest
11th Annual Blues HONORABLE MENTIONS,song "And the road goes on".
- 3rd Place DSA 2007 Winner Song Contest in category: "Instrumental/TV/Film/Class/Jazz " with songs "Island of my dreams"
- Honorable Mention DSA 2007 Winner Song Contest in category: "Instrumental/TV/Film/Class/Jazz " with songs with "Beyond horizon"