"Intermezzo" is an alias for what songwriter/musician Ray Kim calls "a band" (in reality, himself, some friends who can sing, and a bunch of MIDI equipment) and is his vehicle for promoting his demos.
Ray is a classically-trained pianist and clarinetist who plays in a variety of community bands. He is a brother of Kappa Kappa Psi honorary band fraternity. He lists classical, classic rock, and jazz among his favorite styles. His favorite contemporary artists include Kansas, Supertramp, Boston, Chicago, Toto, Chris DeBurgh, and Chuck Mangione.
Ray received Honorable Mention recognition in the 1990 Billboard Song Contest for his song "I Don't Know If It's Love," and has received praise from music publishers to whom he has submitted his work.
Ray lives in Troy, NY with his wife, Lianne, and their two cats. When he's not busy making music, he works full-time as a computer systems engineer for a large health insurance company.
After some time away from this, I'm starting to catch the songwriting bug again. Hopefully, I'll have some new material up here soon!
Chris DeBurgh, Toto, Journey, Chicago
Kansas, Supertramp, Boston, Chicago, Toto, Journey, Chris DeBurgh, Harry Chapin, Don McLean, Billy Joel, Bruce Hornsby, Chuck Mangione, Spyro Gyra, Frederic Chopin, Sergei Rachmaninoff, Gustav Holst, Claude Debussy
Bio for Intermezzo founder Ray Kim
- Accomplished classically-trained pianist and professional-level clarinetist
- Began writing in high school (circa 1984); began writing lyrics five years later
- Got his feet wet in studio production working with Eddie Kilgallon, who is now with the band Ricochet
- Honorable mention recognition, 1990 Billboard Song Contest, for his song I Don't Know If It's Love
- BS in Computer Science from Syracuse University
- MS in Technical Communication from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Resides in Troy, NY (near Albany)
- Employed in the information technology division for a large health-insurance company
- Married, no kids (yet), two cats
For additional info about Ray Kim and Intermezzo
, check out his web site at www.jukeboxraykim.com