Joe DeSanctis has always persisted at being a musical composer, songwriter, arranger and performer; he just has a passion for making music. His experience and interests run the gamut from composing scores, conducting church choirs or mixed instrumentalists to playing the keyboards professionally, arranging and writing songs. A 1981 Piano Performance graduate of Catholic University of America in Washington, DC, Joe has been involved in the music industry for over 30 years.
Learn more at www.JDMmusic.com
Elton John, Billy Joel, David Foster
Elton John, Billy Joel, David Foster, Chicago, Joe Sample, Al Jarreau, Michael W. Smith, Claudio Baglione, Toto, and classical composers such as Gershwin, Bach, Scriabin, Chopin and Rachmaninoff
Joe DeSanctis is presently composing under his own company, JDM Music, Inc. He has been involved in the music industry for over 30 years as performer, arranger, composer and teacher.
Career Highlights include:
• Composer of the theme for ABC’s World News Now from 2001-2004 while co-president of JOEDTRACKS, Inc.
• 2002 CINE Eagle Award Winner for “ABC News Good Morning America: On The USS Enterprise” [Co-Composer and arranger].
• Composer and co-composer of weather cutaway spots on ABC’s Good Morning America.
• Composing the score for “Italian Lessons”, a short independent film which won the Westchester Film festival winner in 1997 for best narrative short.
• Working with the Band, Solo Noi, to create and co-author “Passione Di Musica”, third place winner of the 1993 Microfono D’oro Song awards
• Composing music for “The Eye Witness” a video short for Pastoral Communications.
• Composer of an off-Broadway musical, various liturgical music, children’s musicals and songwriter in different genres.
Other professional and personal highlights include projects for Kathy Troccoli (Reunion Records); Vocalist, keyboard programmer, and recording engineer, for several bands. He has also composed music for CD tech software (Tridog Interactive, Inc.). A consummate family man, father of three boys, Joe also taught “General Music” to parochial school students and served as the Parish Director of Music at Sacred Heart in Dobbs Ferry and Holy Innocents in Pleasantville, NY.