Rules and Regulations
Please read the following Rules and Regulations carefully:
1. Anyone may enter the contest and international entries are welcome. There are no limitations on age or nationality.
2. Each song submitted must be contestant's own original work and shall not infringe any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties. Songs may have multiple co-writers. It is the entrants responsibility to check that all recordings and files are playing correctly before submitting their work. If faulty non playing recordings are submitted the entry will be void. No changes may be made to song entries after submission.
3. Contestants may enter as many songs in as many categories as they wish and there is no limit on the number of songs that may be entered. Contestants may also enter the same song in more than one category (a separate entry fee is required for each category entry). Entry fee is non-refundable.
4. Songs will be judged based on composition, lyrics, melody, and originality. The quality of performance, vocals and production is not a consideration (the only exception is the Singer/Songwriter category where vocals are also judged).
5. All prizes are non-transferable and will be awarded to the first name as it appears on the entry form. In the case of co-writers the fair division and distribution of prizes among writers is the responsibility of the winners. Responsibility for the fulfilment and delivery of prizes resides with the relevant partners and sponsors and the UKSC shall take no part in any disputes therein arising. Certificates will be available for all entrants on the contest website after results are published. The SongU.com prize will not be available if you are already a current SongU member. The UK Songwriting Contest reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute any and all prizes with prizes of comparable value.
6. Entry in The UK Songwriting Contest constitutes permission to use winners names, likenesses, recordings, videos and voices for promotional and publicity purposes on The UK Songwriting Contest websites and on other third party websites and in publicity and promotional materials and press releases. This permission can be withdrawn by the entrant at any time upon written request.
7. All entrants retain their full ownership rights and all copyrights to all songs submitted. Entering the contest will not affect your ownership of your song.
8. By participating in the contest entrants agree to be bound by these rules and by any subsequent published revisions of these rules and by the decisions of The UK Songwriting Contest which are final in all matters relating to the contest.
view rules in pop-up window